Professional Partners

Professional Partners

On this page:

Our business is supported by several professional bodies.  This ensures that we provide a first class service and that all relevant legal requirements are met.

Gas Safety

gas safetyBy law the property’s landlord must comply with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and subsequent associated legislation.

Landlords must have all gas systems, appliances and flues checked at least every 12 months by a CORGI registered engineer. A safety certificate in a prescribed format must then be obtained and a copy issued to the tenant.

We work alongside reliable CORGI registered plumbing engineers who all provide an excellent service.

Electrical Safety

The landlord is responsible for ensuring that all electrical appliances supplied in the property are safe for use.

We are happy to arrange for the necessary electrical inspections by qualified electricians to be carried out on your behalf.

Domestic Energy Assessors

Under Article 7 of the European Directive on Energy Performance of Buildings, any building that is sold, rented out or constructed must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This must be issued by a qualified and accredited independent assessor.


Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Once issued, an EPC is valid for 10 years. The certificate is accompanied by recommendations on how to improve energy efficiency, although these do not have to be implemented.

This part of the Directive has been implemented into law in England and Wales by the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations (2007/991).

From 1st October 2008, whenever a rental property is let an EPC is required.

Letters of Distinction has reached an agreement with local Domestic Energy Assessors TR Contents, to provide guidance and the certification required for rental properties.

Speak Your Mind